Inhouse Complaints Resolution Procedure
Our company complaints and dispute resolution procedures are designed to provide you with a simple and personalised process for resolving any complaint you might have about the service that you have received from our agency.
• STEP 1: Call and talk to the REA Licensed Real Estate Agent assigned to you, discuss the complaint, and allow the Real Estate Agent the opportunity to resolve the matter directly with you.
• STEP 2: If this has not been successful, please call and talk to one of the managers; Barney Cornaga 021 725 915 Branch Manager or Stephen Hudson 0274 746 774 Business Owner.Tell them who you are complaining about and explain the details or your complaint or concerns. Let them know what you would like to be done to resolve your complaint. Sometimes if someone has said something wrong or a misunderstanding has occurred then a verbal or written apology or corrective gesture can often correct and resolve an awkward situation.
Email to : Office@Home.co.nz
• STEP 3: If this cannot resolve the dispute, they may ask you to put your complaint in writing so that they can investigate it. They will need a brief period to talk to the team members involved. We will then come back to you within 10 working days with a response to your complaint. That response may be in writing. As part of that response, we might ask you to meet with members of our team to discuss the complaint and try to get everyone to agree to a resolution.
• STEP 4: If we are unable to come to an agreed resolution after a meeting, or if you don’t wish to meet with us, then we will provide you with a written proposal to resolve your complaint. If you then accept the resolution the dispute matter ends.
• STEP 5: If you do not accept our proposal for resolution then please advise us in writing within 5 working days. You can, of course, suggest another way of resolving your complaint which we will consider.
• STEP 6: If we accept your preferred resolution, we will attempt to implement that resolution as soon as possible. If we decline your preferred resolution, we may invite you to mediate the dispute.
• STEP 7: If we agree to mediate the complaint but don’t settle the complaint at mediation, or we do not agree to mediate the dispute then that will be the end of our process.
REMEMBER: You can still make a complaint to the Real Estate Agents Authority in the first instance, and even if you use these procedures, you can still make a complaint to the Real Estate Agents Authority at any time. Their postal address is: Real Estate Agents Authority, PO Box 25-371, Wellington 6146, New Zealand, or Telephone 0800 367 7322